September 30, 2014

// Last (Wo)Man Standing //

This last weekend, my little sister got married. I am so happy for her. The guy she married is the bomb diggity and the wedding was awesome. Despite the torrential downpour of rain, everything was beautiful and couldn't have been more perfect. My mum made a traditional English fruitcake, organized for a Scottish bagpiper to come and play some songs, and also pinned Bridget with our family tartan. After visiting England and Scotland (find that trip here) last year, it was really special to us to honor our heritage.  


Here are some pictures from the wedding snapped on my iPhone and a couple from my camera. 

 (from wedding dinner the night before)

(the funniest sisters that ever lived) 

(these babes waiting for the couple to come outside) 

(anth and bridge walking outside)


(cutest naked cake ever)

(Scottish bagpipes)


(always the bridesmaid, never the bride) 

(Bridget and her bridesmaids)

Now that Bridget is married, that means I'm the last one to find "the one" in my family. Yikes. At the reception, I got a lot of "you're next" comments. And while that is true, it won't be happening next year. (You're welcome Mom and Dad for not having pay for three weddings in three years.)  I still can't seem to get to the second date part of dating. 

Last month I went on what I thought was an awesome date. I got set up by a friend and am super thankful for having gone on a date that actually went well! Conversation was great, food was great, and the guy was cute. He seemed to be having a good time too. So after the date I sent him a PDT (post date text) to tell him thanks for the great time and we should do it again sometime. I thought that was a good enough indicator that I wanted to go out again. I consulted with one of my guy friends about the date and he said if I hadn't heard from him by a specific date that same week, I should text him and ask about a project he was working on. So, by the date I was given I hadn't heard from him, so I text the guy. I asked about the project. The guy responded and asked me questions and the conversation was totally normal and fine. Again, his response to the text messages seemed like he was interested. Even with all the right indicators of him being interested, I still didn't hear from him again. I kind of felt bummed about it for awhile. But then I thought, you know what? At least I know that I can still go on fun dates! And that I can still have chemistry with someone. So I'm ready for another date with someone. If it leads somewhere, great! If it doesn't, that's fine too.

While I am the last Buckner to get married, I'm just going to take my sweet time. It stresses me out from time to time, I'm not going to let it get me down. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather be happily single than miserably married. My sister Bridget found someone who loves her to death, Sarah found someone who makes her happy, and Nick found someone perfect for him. The odds that I'll find someone are in my favor. So until then, I'll keep you all updated with the fun, the weird, and the disastrous dates I go on. 


 photo lizsig_zps74ebdc8c.jpg

1 comment:

01 09 10