October 19, 2010

It's Been A Minute

Dang, it's been a minute since I last posted something. I guess part of it is because I never know what to blog about. My life isn't always super exciting; this whole work and school and work and school thing, really is getting in the way of my social life. :) But this last weekend was fall break, which was most needed. My mom took the girls (me and Bridge) for a weekend in Vegas and St. Geezy. It was really nice to get away from everything (work, school, boys- weird about the boys, but sometimes you need a break from them too). We did what the Buckner women know how to do best: Shop. My mom was super nice and generous with getting us some new clothing items. I might have a new favorite store: H&M. Too bad they don't have one in the 801...
I read a new book series on our road trip called, The Hunger Games. Hello! They were amazing. :)

                                    

This morning I did my math homework, tried looking up some information on a paper I have to write about Pirates.. Yes. Pirates. Guess it's going to be a day of writing and using the aid of the librarian because heaven knows I'm not very good at trying to look up that stuff. Gosh, I sure love school. Talking about school, it's homecoming week! Yay! I'm really excited for the homecoming football game. The Aggies are actually having a great year compared to recent years. For some reason, our school really hates BYU and just a few weeks ago, we beat BYU in football! Ahhh yeah! It was the first time the Aggies have beat the Cougs in 17 years... Go us. Finally! 

Dating has been great to say the least. After almost 2 years of being off the market, I'm finding it really easy to go back in the world that is dating. Maybe it's because I've done a little growing up, and maybe because breaking up with said boy was the best thing to happen to me thus far. It made me realize I shouldn't have given up on the things I love to do- read, sing, play the piano, be a complete nerd, watch ballets, being a "City Girl"Those are the things that make me, me! And if you don't like it than that's your problem and you can deal with it. It's weird what growing a back bone does to your self confidence. :) Now I just want to do all sorts of fun things, and be young and single! Some fun dates have included:

Pumpkin Carving
Corn Maze
APX Dinner Date
Racing Go Karts
Snow Cones
Pizza Factory
Playing At The Park
Raquetball Lessons
Counrty Swing Dancing
Movies (Of course)

If you've got some great date ideas, let me know! I'm all about the fun times right now. Doing things I've never done before, so give me some pointers.

I know this post has been most riveting, and you're probably finding yourself unable to pull yourself away from it. But this is all I've got folks. Adios, amigos!



1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure I'm still laughing at the "city girl" comment. If I had a dollar for every time I heard that. Good times....

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10